We're delighted you're visiting our website!
Chances are good you already know Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church. Founded in 1895, we've been serving up Swedish egg coffee, pancakes, and meatballs from our Minnesota State Fair dining hall for 64 years. Located in north Minneapolis, we are theologically progressive and missionally minded, with worship being uniquely Lutheran and uniquely Salem. There’s even a bluegrass band that leads worship on 4th Sundays! Salem is "Reconciling in Christ (RIC)" and we're a place to learn, grow, and belong--following God’s invitation to become your best you.
(Summer Worship Schedule) Join us Sunday at 9:30 a.m. for worship.
Here's the Latest on What's Happening at Salem:
- Our Summer Worship is now 9:30 AM
- Our next free community meal is Tuesday, August 26, at 6:00 PM. Everyone is welcome. Helpers and hosts are needed.
- The next film in our Conscientious Projector series will be "The Help." Join us Friday, August 15th at 7 PM in the lounge. How does racism still present itself today?
- Our annual Rummage Sale is coming up. We need good household items, linens with wear left, etc.. Please, NO broken appliances and NO clothing though!! Stay tuned for further updates!
- Kevin McGandy's Celebration of Life will be held Saturday, August 16 at 3PM with a reception to follow.
Monday-Thursday 9 am -2 pm
Friday by appointment