We're delighted you're visiting our website! Salem is a congregation living a hospitality of heart, hands, and hope.
Chances are good you already know us. Founded in 1895, we've been serving up Swedish egg coffee, pancakes, and Swedish meatballs from our Minnesota State Fair dining hall for 65 years.
Located in north Minneapolis, we are theologically progressive and missionally minded, with worship being uniquely Lutheran and uniquely Salem. There’s even a bluegrass band that leads worship on 4th Sundays! Salem is "Reconciling in Christ (RIC)" and we're a place to learn, grow, and belong--following God’s invitation to become your best you.
WORSHIP is at 10:30 AM (Funday School 9 AM, Fellowship Hour 11:30 AM)
Here's the Latest on What's Happening at Salem:
- Holy Week begins March 29 with Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday Service at 7 PM on April 2, Good Friday,7 PM,now at Salem (not St. Olaf) due to accessability needs, and Easter Sunday, April 5 at 10:30 AM
- Annual Easter Breakfast Potluck, Easter morning at 9 AM
- Next Drumming Circle, March 31, 7 PM (after the community dinner)
- Next Free Community Meal, March 31, 6 PM
- "Roots & Wings" Bluegrass Worship is every 4th Sunday
- Next High School Youth Group Meets Wednesday April 8 at 7 PM
- Choir Rehearses Thursdays at 7:30 PM
- Confirmation Class meets Sunday, April 26, Noon-3PM
Monday-Thursday 9 am -2 pm
Friday by appointment