We're delighted you're visiting our website! Salem is a congregation living a hospitality of heart, hands, and hope.
Chances are good you already know us. Founded in 1895, we've been serving up Swedish egg coffee, pancakes, and Swedish meatballs from our Minnesota State Fair dining hall for over 65 years.
Located in north Minneapolis, we are theologically progressive and missionally minded, with worship being uniquely Lutheran and uniquely Salem. There’s even a bluegrass band that leads worship on 4th Sundays! Salem is "Reconciling in Christ (RIC)" and we're a place to learn, grow, and belong--following God’s invitation to become your best you.
WORSHIP is at 10:30 AM (Fellowship Hour 11:30 AM)
Here's the Latest on What's Happening at Salem
- A Celebration of the Life of Marvin Sandgren will be held Monday, August 3rd, 11 AM with a luncheon to follow. Marvin passed away peacefully on July 24th.
- "Roots & Wings" Bluegrass Worship is every 4th Sunday ( July 26th, August 23)
- Next Community Dinner is Tuesday, July 28th, 6 PM
- Funday School, Confirmation Classes, and High School Youth Group will resume in September. Stay tuned.
- Our annual garage sale is October 3rd. Donations of gently used items are being accepted now.
- Volunteers wanted for our annual State Fair Dining Hall. Email Laura Vondelinde to learn more and join the schedule. We can't do it without you.
Monday-Thursday 9 am -2 pm
Friday by appointment